Sunday 28 June 2009

Customer of the day #10

I suppose I can't blame this boy for being so confused. After all, a straight tunnel lined with numbers in chronological order is tricky navigational feat, even for the best of us.

Customer: Excuse me, where is 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'?

Me: That's in Cinema 4.

Customer: Is that the one that says 'Night at the Museum'?

Me: No, it's the one that says 'Transformers'.

Customer: Is it the one in the 5?

Me: No, you want the one with the big number 4 on it.

Customer: I can't see a number 4.

Me: It's down the end. After 5. It has green doors.

Customer: OK.

I'm not sure how I did it, but somehow I managed to convince him that he really was meant to go where his ticket (and the numbers on the doors) were telling him to go.

***

Oh, and as a little side note: Who brings their 2 year old daughter to see 'Transformers'? I mean, honestly, it's violent, loud and filled with sex scenes and metal music. Admittedly we don't have many kids movies on at the moment, but even so.
But, apparently, more than one family last night didn't see that as a problem.

1 comment:

Rational Scientific Economist said...

My theory is most families were duped into thinking Michael Bay directed 'Rugrats / Care Bears / My Little Pony' series of movies.

Or they ignore movie classifications and just let their kids watch anything they want.

Ignorance strikes again either way