Friday 10 July 2009

I have a life outside of you

(albeit a small one)

So, I sent off my entry for the Adelaide Review Short Story Competition today, the prize for which is to get said story published! :D
Oh, and you also get some bottles of wine if you come first. But, frankly, I couldn't give a damn about those. Really. Don't let my uni status fool you, I am actually sober for a surprisingly large percentage of my waking hours.

I won't hear back from them until September 10th and until that time I'll be living in hope. But (and I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying this) if I'm not selected for publishing, then I'll put the story up on my lovely blog. So we can be certain of at least one post in the month of September.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

That's brilliant, NG.

But if it doesn't win - and if you're any kind of writer at all - you'll buy yourself a shit load of wine and drink yourself into a stupor, shred your story and write hateful screeds to every one of the judges.

Good luck!

Femikneesm said...

I'll look forward to reading it - in the Review or on the blog. Good luck NG.

Nerd Girl said...

Thanks guys. :)