Monday 27 July 2009

Top 5...

...disgusting things that have been found at my work. (Not always by me, thank goodness)

5. The black stuff behind the coke towers.
You don't need to worry about this too much because no foodstuff ever makes contact with it. Nonetheless, it disturbs me that we don't know quite what it is or how it got there.

4. A blocked toilet
It was blocked because someone had flushed a big plastic cup down there. And then someone else had used it.

3. Semen stains on the seat.
I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.

2. Vomit on the carpet.
The best part about this was that the person in question threw up just as the movie was starting and we're not allowed to stop a film for cleaning or clean while people are in the cinema. So the people in that session were left to deal with it for 2 hours. I don't think they noticed though because I actually had to tell them not to sit next to the vomit and the only reaction I got was "Oh, I thought I could smell something odd."

1. Pee in a cup.
That's right, someone finished their drink (I hope it was their drink and not someone else's) and decided the movie was too exciting for them to leave and go to the toilet. So they peed in the cup and left it there. Isn't personal hygiene fun?

5 comments:

Lady K said...

The black stuff... is either congealed coke post mix or congealed oil from the parts in the coke tower. Or a mixture of the two. Alternatively, it may be dust, that is black from the oil in the air due to all that popcorn.

At work last night - my final shift - there was a new girl. She was wearing long hippy socks, that were horizontally striped (grey & back). Love that thorough recruitment process they have.

Jacob said...

People are revolting, I'm never going out ever again after reading this.

Nerd Girl said...

K- Maybe black and grey socks will be part of the uniform soon...

J- Sorry. I should have realised you were already a bit people-phobic when I wrote this.

nat said...

People are awesome. If the person who peed in the cup was a girl (I'm assuming it was a boy) I would marry her.

Nerd Girl said...

It probably was a boy. But, if you like, I can put up a "Looking for love" notice.