Thursday 25 June 2009

Customer of the day #9

... is not so much crazy as a little bit creepy.

I was standing at the tunnel entrance (where the cinemas hide) waiting to check people's tickets and pretend I care if they enjoy their movie or not. A man comes towards me, his arms laden with candy-bar goodies.

He says, "My ticket's just in my front pocket there, love."

Apparently he saw nothing strange in what he was proposing, which was that I (a girl young enough to be his daughter) reach in and feel around in the front pocket of his jeans for a ticket which may, or may not, be there.

My response: "Ummm... why don't I just hold onto the popcorn for you?"

***

I also have a quote for you, from our friend Crazy Football Fan:

"English is the bastardised language of pretty much every European language in the world."

That is opposed to European languages not of this world. I suppose he has a fair point in that.

4 comments:

Femikneesm said...

He says, "My ticket's just in my front pocket there, love."


WTF?! That made me laugh out loud.

Jacob said...

"My ticket's just in my front pocket there, love."

Yuck.

Nerd Girl said...

Yep. Those were my thoughts exactly.

Lady K said...

Do you think he meant "your ticket [to heaven] is in my front pocket [of] love"?

Shudder. Stay away from any man who tells you they're wearing y-fronts.