Sunday 9 December 2007

I'm in Italy... why aren't I shopping?

This thought struck me about 5 minutes ago when i caught sight of myself in the bathroom mirror, looking ab fab in the new jumper my host mother bought me. It's the only item of clothing I have at the moment that's from Italy because, for the past 2 weeks, I've been wearing my Australian clothes (some of which, I'll admit, were bought for this trip but that was a warmth thing rather than a fashion thing).

I am in the country where the greatest sin you can commit is to make "una brutta figura" (a bad impression). If the Italians could lock people up for not being beautiful enough, they would. Why, oh why, aren't in these beautiful shops buying beautiful clothes?
This jumper isn't even that great, it's a simple pullover with stripes but it looks fan-bloody-tastic! How is that possible? Because it's Italian.
Tomorrow, I'm going shopping. I don't care that it's Sunday or that it might rain all day (like today) I want pretty clothes!

PS: I never used to be fashion obsessed, I visited op-shops and Jayjays fir my wardrobe or Target when I wanted something swanky. But now, I'm actually really excited by the idea of buying new outfits. Yesterday I even thought about painting my nails... I think something's taking me over. Oh well, it'll be fun.

2 comments:

Felix for Zosia said...

Welcome to the dark side.

Lady K said...

Pretty clothes are not the root of all evil... just the root of most evil. Happy shopping.