Thursday 20 December 2007

How TV has changed my life.

Back in the old country I was not much of a TV watcher. (brother and sisters, please refrain from commenting on my childhood years, I'm only talking about recently). On Wednesdays my mother I would sit down to Spicks&Specks, The Chaser, Summer Heights High and (if we weren't too exhausted) David&Margeret At The Movies. That was about it for the week and I felt rather superiour knowing that I wasn't wasting my life watching sitcoms, soaps, reality shows or anything else that might rot my brain.

But now, oh how my life has changed. I disliked Italian TV at first because it frustrated me to watch show that should be in English but had been badly dubbed and was without subtitles. Then... I discovered that Italians get the BBC! I was in love (and still am) and, not only this, but there are some shows that haven't been dubbed (or can having the dubbing taken off). I am now addicted to these: the Simposons, Family Guy, Will&Grace, My Hero, My Family, Desperate Housewives and Gilmore Girls (I love hearing English, even if it's mostly American).

3 comments:

Master Goldrocks said...

I love the simpsons too. They're so damn funny. No wonder you'll stay in house to watch them

Jacob said...

Back in the old country... not sure which one exactly.

rofl.

Rebecca Anne said...

I love My Hero! I just hate the fact that it is never on and UK.TV only shows repeats from very old seasons.