Saturday 29 December 2007

I thought I was in Italy, not England

I do not understand Italian frozen food. I do not understand because it is terrible, absolutely horrible. Why anyone would choose to sustain themselves with it is beyond me and it’s even harder to understand because, as a general rule, Italian food is fantastic. Every food product I have tasted here outdoes itself in deliciousness but the frozen food is crap. Spam would turn its proverbial nose up at Italian frozen food.

The other day we had a meal of frozen food and, my cold still in full swing, I couldn’t really taste it. I didn’t realise just how bad my sense of taste had been struck until today when we ate the same food again for lunch and I almost gagged. No kidding, I think it was shock as much as anything but I felt betrayed. How could Italians do this to their own people? More importantly, how could they do this to unsuspecting visitors of the country?
For shame.

No comments: