Thursday 29 October 2009

"Jinx" that's the word I should've used in Scrabble...

Would you believe that, actually, I didn't jinx anything at all?

I got a call today to say that, not only have I got that job, but the reason they took so long getting back to me is because they didn't have enough spaces available. However, I was just too awesome an applicant to pass up and so they've given me a spot anyway!

I suppose, technically, what this means is that I have caused a supermarket to be overstaffed with my powers of awesome. Which, in turn, means that I am stickin' it to the Man... just by having a job and getting paid. Yay capitalism!* An economic system so convoluted it is possible to undermine it and benefit from it at the same time... why, yes, that does sound familiar...

I look forward to sharing all these new crazy customers with you. What adventures await, only time may tell...



*Not a sentence I say often, as you can imagine.

No comments: