Monday 8 December 2008

Angst

I hate my phone network. I have been slightly annoyed with it in the past because of the stupid voice that goes "Hmm, it it appears the person you are trying to call is not available" when a phone is unanswered. But, on the whole, it's been pretty good to me and I was a little bit sad when it came time to admit that no one else is on this network and that makes it a bit expensive.

What I didn't count on is that it won't let me leave! I've spent all afternoon calling the old network, the new network and various people in India to no avail. I then went to their websites and found either no information or the old favourite "Error 404" when I see a link that looks promising.

I've had to go to several different websites (unofficial ones, I might add) to get any kind of help in switching networks and even then they tell me I need a particular code but don't tell me how to get it and nor does that ever so helpful introduction booklet.

When I tried the simple approach of just putting the new SIM in the phone I was told to "Insert correct SIM" and when I tried to activate the SIM from the phone I got an "Emergency only" message.

3 comments:

John Eldridge said...

I ordered an iPhone online with the assurance that fast 3G was a mere 3 days away.
It arrived, I was pretty happy.

Cue John's arrival at Sydney Airport on a trip, where he switches on his iPhone to see an unfamiliar '3G' indicator next to the reception meter.

John checks his email: it loads unusually fast.

John realizes that there is no 3G in NQ.

Nerd Girl said...

Damn. Does it at least make cool sounds to make for its redundancy?

Miss Anty said...

If you mean that you inserted the new SIM into your current phone, then no, it won't work since your phone's incompatible with the 3 SIM card. I found that out when I got my and my brother's.

P.S. Guess who :P