Thursday 6 November 2008

Historic starts with H

Before I can continue this post, I must say something close to my heart:

This is not an historic day. This is A historic day.
I have watched the news on every channel and not one journalist, not even on ABC, has got that right and it has been grating my nerves.

Phew. Got that out of the way.

So, yay! The good one got in! I must say though, as much as I disagree with his politics, I do admire John McCain. He's had a lot against him in this campaign but he never got bitchy or whiny and his concession speech was extremely admirable.

The celebrations after Obama's victory made me a bit heart sore, I think the segregation issue might finally come to a close with this and it makes me so excited and so glad to have witnessed it. One day I can tell my kids what it felt like to see it all unfold.

Peace out.

PS: Can you believe I posted about this before Femmy? Neither can I!

1 comment:

Femikneesm said...

I thought his acceptance speech was good too actually.