Wednesday 1 October 2008

The 7 Steps of Customer Service

1. Greet the customer (or call them over if they look like they're trying to walk past the Candy Bar without buying anything)

2. Take the customer's order

3. Suggestive sell/ Up sell (ie: make them buy more than they need and contribute to the obesity levels of the country. We all have to do our bit.)

4. Get the stuff they have ordered* and arrange on the counter in the correct order: 1. Popcorn 2. Drinks 3. Lollies 4. Ice cream

5. Repeat their order to the customer and tell them the price (this often where one hears cries of "What?!" or "$13 for popcorn and Maltesers?" or the old favourite "Mum, can I borrow some money?")

6. Take their money and count back the change

7. Say good bye and wish them a good day


*This is worded more professionally in the training booklet but I couldn't find that today ... possibly I have burned it or dropped it in the Coke syrup. Possibly.

3 comments:

Felix for Zosia said...

1. Hi Lard-arse!

2. clack clack clack (entering things on computer type contraption)

3. Ok, would you like fries with those fries? What about some freshly sliced lard to go with your hog fat?

4. Here are those files - I mean fries - you asked for.

5. That will be $20 dollars Madam, as well as a further $2000 for heart surgery and hospital recovery unless you have private health insurance

6. Here is your change.

7. Goodbye and I wish you a good day.

... how'd I do??

ps I saw Eric Bana the other day!!

Lady K said...

BTW... I think I learnt these at Hungry Jacks. Obviously, large multi-nationals who prey on child labour are very structured in their approach. There is a clear formula they expect everyone to follow. Because, they know that you can't think for yourself. If you could, you wouldn't work there.

This is different from the large multi-nationals I have worked for in recent years. They believe that you work there becasue you can think for yourself. So they don't give basic instructions for completing tasks. Which is unfortunate, because actually, most people aren't as smart as they say they are - and they can't think for themselves. So many people are mostly incapable of doing their jobs, and they blame this on a lack of training (known to the employer as "upskilling" - learning is so last century). When all they really need is the 7 steps.

Grasshopper, go forth and market said steps, to those who really need them.

PS I walked past Kenny the other day. He was in a suit. It was poo funny. (Ooops, I mean too funny. Har har har.


Shit. I am turning into my father)

Nerd Girl said...

FfZ: Very well done although our lard isn't freshly sliced.

Lady K: Is someone a little frustrated with their peers? But at least the people who organise child labour know what they're doing.

Sensei, I shall spread the word.


PS: I met Steven K Amos yesterday.