Sunday 1 June 2008

My 40th!


Yep, this is my 40th post. I'm the same age as Kylie now.
The only trouble is that, unlike Kylie, my life doesn't really have a lot going on at the moment. Nothing blog worthy at any rate. So... I may as well do a snapshot!
My life at present:

- School is a giant, dull, manipulative, life consuming, energy zapping, friendship draining, frustrating and seemingly endless void of crap. (Please ignore paradoxes and such, they are the result of aforementioned)

- Work is tiring and with a general odour of popcorn following me out the door but otherwise pretty good. (Certainly not complaining about getting paid twice as much as if I worked at McDonald's. Yeah, that's right, Macca's slaves, suffer!)

- My love life is almost non-existent which is fine by me. (Not a sentence that gets used all that often I'll bet)

- I've started wishing that apsects of the internet could be transplanted into RW (real world). Namely, those statues signs on MSN such as 'Busy' or 'On the Phone'.

- The cat only wants to eat dry cat food now.

- I have a car. It's my grandpa's old one and now really only mine in the sense that I can wash it and pay for its registration but I can't drive yet.

- The best thing about this year is that when it finishes it wil all be over and done with and I'll have a year to myself. The idea of my Gap Year is what's getting me through everything, no joke.

-Green is my new meditation colour.

7 comments:

Lady K said...

Car sounds perfect. Nothing will ever go wrong with it if you can't drive it.

Femikneesm said...

Happy 40th post!

Jacob said...

School, peh. Going with the gap year is the smartest thing ever. What are your plans?

John Eldridge said...

I should have taken a gap year.

Stay away from driving as long as possible! As soon as I started driving my pockets were noticeably lighter.

Nerd Girl said...

AD - not a bad philosophy but let's not forget the "efficiency" of Adelaide Metro.

Femmy - thanks :) all we need are the virtual party hats. <:)

Jacob - "the smartest thing ever" yeah, that sounds like me. Plans mostly involve sleeping in and making fun of people in school uniforms.

John - Funny how everyone older than me says that but everyone younger than me says the opposit. Hmmm...

Jacob said...

Hey, I mooched around for ages after I quit uni and eventually something landed in my lap. Miracles do happen!

Felix for Zosia said...

I thought that cat didn't like dry cat food? He is silly.