Saturday 16 May 2009

Pfffffffffffffft

I am posting this at the library because my hard drive crashed last night.
Sigh, yes. I took it to the shop today and they can't find out exactly what's wrong with for 7-9 business days.
If it is the hard drive and it's stuffed then I'll have to get someone to retrieve all my data or buy a new hard drive and lose everything. Losing everything seems to be the cheaper option by about $800.

I didn't realise just how much of my life was on that computer. I really liked that computer too, I felt awful leaving it at the shop. Espeically since I knew there probably wasn't anything they could do and I might lose everything.

I've got all my photos on there, my resume, stories that I haven't finished writing and uni work. I think I'll have to talk to the people at uni because I have History and Politics work due next week.

Well, my session is about to end so I'd best be going and I'll see you all later.

1 comment:

John Eldridge said...

Sucks. Generally techies will charge you a bundle to tell you what you already know.

My only suggestion (if you don't want to pay for professional data retrieval) is to buy an external hard drive caddy and run the drive in that. They cost around 40 dollars, and are basically a steel case you put the drive in. You then plug the case into the pc's usb. It worked for me once. It's hard to know whether the hard drive is actually stuffed or whether it will be accessible in another machine/device. Good luck.