Saturday 9 May 2009

Baby's first pub crawl

I made notes on the evening (because that's how I do things) and they seem to have got a little less coherent as the night went on.

First off, with my blog in mind, I made a note of some of the arcade games I saw in the corner at pub number one:
"Deer Hunter 2: A hunter meets his match"

"Mars needs cows"

I saw some people playing this one. The aim is to shoot down the flying saucers and save Earth's precious beef. The cows don't seem too bothered by the situation though, they continued to peacefully chew cud as they were lifted by saucer beams to infinity and beyond.

Then I have a quote from some girls who were talking about boyfriends:
"Once you change your facebook status, it's official."
General consensus was that until you've changed your facebook status, none of it really counted one way or the other.

The next few notes are definitely mine but I can't give you much explanation on them:

"No one studies molecular biology"

"9 in the afternoon - unison"

"Dizzy"

A fun night all round, really.

6 comments:

Femikneesm said...

So where did you go? Did you have fun?

I've often wondered WTF is up with that Deer Hunter game. It amazes me that people actually play it.

Nerd Girl said...

Yeah, it was a great night. We went to the Winston Bar, The Electric Light Hotel and PJ O'Brien's.
The rest of the group went to The Elephant as well but the security wouldn't let me in so I went home early.

Jacob said...

Were you so drunk that they wouldn't let you in, NG?

Nerd Girl said...

If only!
No, they said I had the wrong sort of ID. (Rather underwhelming when you hear the explanation.)

Lady K said...

So. What was your creative solution to losing valuable drinking time walking between venues?
Also that cow game makes me think of a song that you won't remember, as it was released in the pre-historic age (as in, when I was in high school), called "Cows with Guns". I wanted to gift it to you on iTunes but apparently I have to buy you the entire album, so I promise to send it to you instead.
BTW your word verification thing gives me a severe case of the irrits.

Nerd Girl said...

Sorry, K. I just couldn't take all the blam I was getting.
My creative sollution was to pretend to be drunker than I was, thus giving me the feeling that I was still drinknig. Much cheaper that way.