Saturday 31 January 2009

Sundae Afternoon

I've just had an ice cream party. That's right folks - it seemed like the best thing to do since I wanted to see my friends before leaving the country* and we've had 40+ temperatures for the past few days and will continue to do so for some time into the future. (Adelaide's longest extreme heat wave since 1908).
So we all made our own sundaes. I supplied 3 different ice creams, sprinkles, choc sprinkles, blueberries, strawberries, Kit-Kats, choc wafers, vanilla wafers, whipped cream fizzy drinks (for making spiders) and I made two-layered jelly. I felt like such a good hostess - a real one too, from the '50s.

This party may not have fulfilled the same the checkpoints as Zosia's ( ) but, for a party sans-alcohol, I think these make it fairly impressive:

1. Someone who has just been promoted to manager of a fast food "restaurant" faked sick to be there.

2. Someone else poured whipped cream on their chest (then added wafers and blueberries which fell off)

3. We drank coconut milk from a coconut shell.

4. The dishwasher was completely filled from party dishes alone. (No one in this house has even had dinner yet).

5. You (the host) are given a giant jar of Vegemite as a going away present.


*What? Didn't I tell you? Well, I'm going to Oman for three weeks.

2 comments:

kiki said...

oman = awesome

seriously awesome. if you haven't been before you will love it

if you have, you will love it

Nerd Girl said...

Thanks, Kiki. I'm looking forward to it. :)
I've been told I should try sand skiing, what's that like?