Saturday 5 July 2008

Post-Post-After-Post-After-After Party


Well the Formal has been and gone and somewhere off in the distance people are still celebrating (possibly this is Before Party in the Great Circle of Time and we're just getting in early)

It was a fun night all in all. I spent most of the day in the city looking for a headpiece and a new bra then arrived home and did a couple of loads of washing before actually starting to get ready. Then got a bit worried that we'd be late and rang up friends to find that they were all still getting their hair done and started renewed worry that I would be the first to arrive at the pre-party and be forced to make awkward conversation with parents. It was ok, a few people were there before me and awkward conversation was by-passed by my friend's mother and aunt who decided my new bra needed adjusting and safety pinning to my dress.

Then on to the Big Event, the highlights of which include:
-Losing the Miss Priss award to the only male nominee (mind you, he spent lots, lots more time on his hair that night than I have in my life)
-Dancing the Time Warp and the Macarena with most of my yearlevel (and teachers looking on bemused)
-Watching my old Physics teacher linedance
-The group photo with my friends and our funny word cards (these include gems such as 'Seattle', 'squirrel', 'cordless phone' and 'mukluk')

5 comments:

Felix for Zosia said...

Word cards? WTF? I am so out of touch with Kids These Days - I have no idea what you mean, or why you would need such things at a formal, unless it is some strange throwback to 1940s upperclass British country house parties where they play charades, but even then: why?

Femikneesm said...

Miss Priss award? What the?

Nerd Girl said...

FfZ: Cards with words on them. To show the camera. No one else had them, we were literally too cool for school.

Femmy: The award (I found out that night) is meant to be most feminine. No one explained this to me when I was nominated back in May otherwise I would have admitted defeat right there and then.

Felix for Zosia said...

But why? I still don't get it.

Nerd Girl said...

Why not? It was a gesture of frivolity, silliness and good clean teenage fun.