Wednesday 26 March 2008

How could the limo be my biggest worry?


My school formal is comming up soon and numbers need to be finalised NOW (yep, Caps Lock was needed there). My main problem is not that I am depserately lonely and need a boyfriend to go with, no, it is the limo. The limo which I did not organise, was not asked if I wanted and would be quite happy without.
Two of my friends (a couple) have organised this and accomated for 10 people, each paying $40. 10 people actually means them and 4 friends with dates, so far one of us has succeded in that area and now there is tremendous pressure on the rest of us to find a date this week or cough up the rest of the money. Why can't we just go as friends? That was what I expected we would do but suddenly everyone wants to find a date and I'm feeling the pressure now because of the limo costs that is literally the only reason and it has caused me to right the following lists:
Boys I could ask
Girls I could ask
Other people to put in the stupid limo
Alternate means of transport

Goodness golly gosh, I haven't even bought my dress yet! How am I going to find a partner whose hair won't clash with the material I pick out?

4 comments:

Felix for Zosia said...

Sorry if I am being dense, but if you didn't organise the limo then you are not responsible for covering the cost of it. Not to say that you don't have to ask people to go with you, but I think that whoever rides in the limo should split the cost, so maybe all of you end up paying $60 each instead of $40, but you shouldn't have to pay for 2 people.

Jacob said...

Formals... ugh.

Mine sucked.

Nerd Girl said...

Sorry this took so long, haven't been online in a while.

FZ- no, you're not dense. I'm just a notorious worrier who doesn't like changing other people's plans. (Must be inherited)

J - wanna be my date?

Lady K said...

Oh my god. I am so glad school is over. NG, I am sorry that you have to deal with this, but I'm sure it's "character building". But while I'm commenting, don't worry about changing other peoples plans. They're completely changeable, until they're in the past. Trust me, I change plans for a living.