Friday 9 November 2007

My Blogging Future

Well, I'm obviously very bad at spreading news about myself because for the last few weeks I have been having numerous conversations like this:

Friend: We should do that [activity we were just discussing] in the holidays together.
Me: But I won't be here.
Friend: What? Where are you going?
Me: Italy! You remember that exchange I've been talking about?
Friend: When did you say that?

So I will say, to my cyber friends at least, I am going to Italy the day after I finish exams and I will be there for two months. Hopefully, when I return I will be able to speak the language and this thought is what will be keeping me going when I think that I will be spending Christmas in a strange country without anyone I know, I will not have my two month (well earned) holiday because I still go to school in Italy and I am leaving on my boyfriend's and my anniversary. (I don't usually go in for that anniversary crap, it seems like an excuse to buy presents you don't need. But I'll miss him.)

However, I think I will be blogging rather a lot, for two reasons:
1. I will need an outlet to speak English.
2. It's faster than letters, allows for replies and is more reliable than the Italian postal service.

So, you can look forward to many more of my amusing stories. Hooray!

PS: Aside from the interruption I mentioned earlier, the drama performance went really well. We had fun and there's a cast party next week to blog about.

2 comments:

Lady K said...

I hope that you will blog & comment on blogs at sensible times young lady. I'll be checking up on you!

Felix for Zosia said...

I have to add a comment here because I always feel a little uncomfortable when it says "1 comments" at the bottom of a post