Monday 23 February 2009

Jet lag



I was so proud of myself, I thought I had tackled jet lag head on and won. But here I am at 2:30am and I'm writing a blog. Sigh. This feels familiar.

So, Oman. It really is an awesome place - I've never seen anything like it and I really wish I'd had myself painted while I was there (henna stuff basically) because I feel so different now and I want people to notice something different about me when I walk into a room. Maybe I'll just wear the really cool ring I bought myself all the time so people can say "Where did that come from?" and I can say "Oh, I bought it in a souq in Oman."

The amazing picture just up there, I'm sorry to say, is not one of mine but it does give you a good idea of the place and of how I felt wearing pants. I'll need time to sort through my 757 photos from the 3 week trip before I can post them. So don't worry, they'll be there sooner or later.

One of the best things about the people there: they share my attitude to footwear. i.e.: there should be as little of it as possible and it should not be worn unnecessarily. Just great, I think I've found my people. (I hate covered shoes in hot weather with a passion.)

The only tricky thing here is that I don't really know where to start in my recount. So I think the best thing to do is ask you guys. If you want to know anything about the place or what I did just ask and I'll answer. The nice things about my answers is that I tend to ramble and other stories end up being told in the middle. So we might just get a few good posts out this way.

4 comments:

Cinema Minima said...

OK. Are women allowed to wear open-toed footwear in Oman?

Femikneesm said...

So this is not an original question, but what were the best and worst things you saw/did?

فيرو ز بكر said...

thanks for visiting Oman...looking forward to seeing you again in here...

فيرو ز بكر said...

hey, the man at the pub,
hope you are doing good,

women can wear open toed footwear in oman. but omani women, in public, mostly wear veils. but foreigners can be seen in shorts, in muscat.

have a good day